In this issue
WHAT'S NEW WITH GPAHU
Happy July Members,
We hope that you are staying cool and healthy. The new board has begun their 2020-2021 term. Please join me in welcoming our new and returning board members. We have exiting things planned for the upcoming year, so stay tuned for more details on what we are doing to support YOU, our members in the coming months.
June: Valerie Ward, Emerging Benefits Consultants
July: Ralph Amado, ABG AdvisorCorp
The GPAHU Membership committee welcomes our current members to participate in the Summer 2020 Membership Contest.
Any member that refers/sponsors 4 or more NEW members with join dates in June, July or August will receive a $100 gift card.
For more information contact our Membership Committtee at [email protected].
GPAHU downloads member data from the national site, so update it there and we’ll capture changes that way. To update your information, go to www.nahu.org, click on “Membership”, then “My Account”. You can update your address, email, edit your practice areas, view your member details, billing, add a photo, keep track of new members you brought in, certifications, etc. It’s important to keep this data updated because this is how you will be shown in the Find an Agent tool (https://forms.nahu.org/consumer/findagent2.cfm).
Have you downloaded the NAHU 365 App? You can get this valuable resource for your device from the app store.
Remember to visit our website to register for upcoming events.
ONSITE, SHARED SITE AND DIRECT PRIMARY CARE. WHAT IT IS, HOW IT WORKS AND WHY EMPLOYERS ARE DOING IT.
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
This course is designed to provide a deeper understanding of the challenges presented in the tradition primary care setting, cost drivers and various options that employers are using to address cost and access to care. As a result, a number of alternative direct care models have been created and we will discuss the strengths and weaknesses presented by each model.
Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Compliance Requirements Certification
NAHU has a NEW online training programdesigned to provide you the training that is required for Medicare Advantage in a new and better format. The training meets all CMS requirements and would complement each plan sponsor’s plan-specific training for brokers and agents. After taking the final course exam, continuing education credits will be awarded and a certificate of completion provided or evidence of completion of the course can be transferred to your Medicare Advantage carrier. Priced at $125 for NAHU members, the course is an affordable option with no hidden fees and no additional cost for CE credits.
Pre-Register now at no cost by clicking HERE
As a member, you have access to so many tools to promote yourself and your business.
- Check out the Running Your Business series in NAHU vision. There are informative video’s on everything from checking up on your E & O to Transitioning to a fee-based business. Click here to learn more: https://videos.nahu.org/category/running-your-business.
- You can also check out the “Promote Yourself” tab, under “Resources”, at www.nahu.org.
- Here you will find, infographics that summarize important legislative topics for you and your clients, including Medicare for All means one size fits all care. Infographic is attached to the email version of this newsletter.
- The NAHU Logo for you to share on your letterhead, business cards, or websites.
- Media and Social Media Tools and
- Broker’s Making a Difference. The Brokers Making a Difference website is designed to inform consumers, legislators and the media about the tireless work agents and brokers do in guiding their clients through the complex task of complying with numerous state and federal regulations while choosing and maintaining appropriate coverage at an affordable price. The website includes an interactive map where people can view specific examples of how brokers help their clients and gain a better understanding of the broker’s role as an advocate and educator. This website highlights the vital role of benefit specialists in the health care industry and the value they bring to their clients throughout the year. If you haven’t already, check it out and share your story or ask your clients to share their story about work that you have done on their behalf. http://www.brokersmakingadifference.org/
Earning the Registered Employee Benefits Consultant® (REBC®) designation elevates your credibility as a professional. The field of employee benefits continues to evolve rapidly. A year does not go by without new government regulations, new or modified coverages, and new techniques for controlling benefit costs. To best serve their clients, professionals need to have a current understanding of the provisions, advantages, and limitations associated with each type of benefit or program as a method for meeting economic security. The designation program analyzes group benefits with respect to the ACA environment, contract provisions, marketing, underwriting, rate making, plan design, cost containment, and alternative funding methods. The largest portion of this program is devoted to group medical expense plans that are a major concern to employers, as well as to employees. The remainder of course requirements include electives on topics serving various markets based on a broker’s client needs.
NAHU Covid Relief Fund
We have heard from many of you that you need help or want to help your fellow members and their families who have been the most seriously affected by COVID-19.
The NAHU COVID-19 Relief Fund has been initiated to provide financial support to NAHU members and their families that have been most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you or a fellow member have been impacted and you would like to apply for assistance or if you are in a position to make a contribution to help support your fellow NAHU member CLICK to DONATE!
All donations are tax-deductible!
NAHU's Vanguard Council is holding a donation drive Operation Support Our Troops - America, Inc. until June 13, 2020!
Click Here to Donate
To qualify for the Triple Crown, within the calendar year (01/01-12/31), a member must:
HUPAC: Participate in $12 x 12 draft program or contribute $150 total for the year
Membership: Recruit two or more new members
Advocacy: Use Operation Shout to send three or more messages
One, two, three -- it's that simple!
Not contributing to HUPAC? Check out the Levels of Contributions and join us today! https://hupac.nahu.org/contribute-now
- Monthly Credit Card or Bank Draft Amount: $12.00/month
- Annual or One-Time Contribution Amount: $150.00
- Monthly Credit Card or Bank Draft Amount: $30.00/month
- Annual or One-Time Contribution Amount: $365.00
- Monthly Credit Card or Bank Draft Amount: $42.00/month
- Annual or One-Time Contribution Amount: $500.00
- Monthly Credit Card or Bank Draft Amount: $63.00/month
- Annual or One-Time Contribution Amount: $750.00
NAHU is the leading professional association for health insurance agents, brokers, general agents and consultants. We, the members work every day with individuals, families and employers of all sizes to help them purchase health insurance coverage and use that coverage in the best possible way. As a dedicated group of more than 100,000 benefit specialists from across the nation, NAHU advocates on behalf of American health insurance consumers.
Check out what NAHU is working on by clicking here- https://nahu.org/advocacy/legislative-issues. You can also GET ACTIVE and support our national chapter by sending an Operation Shout. You should already be getting a timely email with the operation shout data, but if you aren’t, you can log into the NAHU site, under Advocacy, Click on Operation Shout! Here you will find prepopulated betters to our AZ congress people all ready to go. Click on “Write or Tell” and complete the requested data. It will address the letter to the appropriate person(s), then click on Submit All Letters. An email will be sent directly to the congress people. The more our congress people hear from us, the louder our voice is.
Why Apply for LPRT?
- Distinguish Yourself
- Exclusive Discounts for LPRT Qualifiers
- Exclusive Training Opportunities
- Develop Peer Networks
Visit https://nahu.org/resources/leading-producers-round-table to learn about how to qualify and the benefits you will receive.
Don't forget to subscribe to the NAHU podcast
The NAHU Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that helps the public stay informed about the public and private health insurance options available to them. The foundation creates educational materials for the American public about private health insurance options, whether consumers are buying health insurance coverage on their own, purchasing coverage through the exchange or signing up for a plan through their employer. The foundation also assists those needing coverage who may be eligible for public programs like Medicare, Medicaid or children’s health insurance programs. Interested in learning more? We were to! Be on the lookout in the coming months with more information and if you are interested in joining our NAHU Education Fund committee, please reach out to Jessica at [email protected].